Online Coaching and Programs for Powerlifting and Fitness Home › Forums › Training For Life › Bench 1/23/219
Tagged: bench
-
AuthorPosts
-
-
So my bench sucks. It’s something we basically never did in Method and I have never been in town for a training day where bench was covered. It needs a lot of work.
I am doing bench for hypertrophy not power lifting so i use a more flat back approach.
Coming off a weight cut so my reps were lower than I am used to at this weight. Usually in the 8 to 12 range at this weight. Probably going to dial the weight down for a bit and get the reps back up. -
Brian,
What block are you on?
A few things n the bench:
1. We really need to see the whole body to coach it, the angle is ok, but 1/2 of your body is missing
2. You MUST control the weight. Many of the reps you slam/bounce off of your chest.
3. The biggest thing I want you to work on NOW is pulling your shoulder blades together and keeping them locked in place as you lower and as you press.
WE are getting ready to shoot a course on how to bench, and hope to have it up in about 2 weeks.
-
We have a forum post on this.
-
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
