Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • Gina M
      Participant
      Post count: 52

      Just started the 2nd beginner acclimation block (I.e., 1B).

      Deadlifts were 5×2 at RPE7. Here’s my last set.

      And keystone deadlifts just feel “off” to me. Maybe I’m not doing something not quite right even after watching the videos. Or maybe I just need to get used to it. Would like to confirm which is the case.

      Please let me know how they look. Thanks.

    • Candace Puopolo
      Moderator
      Post count: 72

      Deadlifts look nice!. I would like to see some video from the front as well next time to see what the feet and knees are doing right off the floor. You held great position and kept the bar close.
      As for the Keystones, they don’t look as “off” as you say they feel. Try to keeps the lats a bit more engaged on the lowering. Also try to really initiate the concentric part of the lift with the feet and glutes,less with the back. You are throwing you chin up/head back, and loosing your brace a bit, putting the movement,off the knee, a bit more into your back. Be very strict with the upper body to the hips so there is little to no movement during the lift , and the lower body is doing the works. Keep up the great job!!

    • Gina M
      Participant
      Post count: 52

      Thanks Candace. I think that’ll help me with those keystone deads next week.

      I’ll def get a forward-facing vid on dead’s next time.

      Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.