Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • Christine
      Participant
      Post count: 471

      Today I was supposed to set my second attempt for a meet. I got 120 up but I don’t know how clean it is or if this would even be acceptable at a meet. Thanks for feedback.

    • Murph
      Keymaster
      Post count: 918

      Almost all good lifts.
      On the last set, 2nd rep the bar made an up and down movement at your chest.
      That is a red light.
      But the good news is the 1st rep was a good one.
      Take the PR!
      Excellent job.

      When testing if you can get one of us to give you commands it will be of huge benefit.
      If not, next time, when you take it out of the rack, hold it still, wait 1 second, and say in your head “start”, then begin.
      When it is at your chest, treat it like a pause set and once the bar is motionless say in your head “press” and then press it.
      At lockout, once the bar is still and locked, pause a second or two and say “rack”.
      Don’t rack until it is still and you pause.

      Most beginners miss lifts due to commands.
      We are here to help so don’t be afraid to ask.

    • Matt
      Keymaster
      Post count: 240

      Christine, something else to consider and I’ll admit it I usually scrub through video until you are about to set up, but I noticed on this one, unless you are a seamless editor, that after the first set, you basically sit up, look left, look right, then lay back down and take the weight again. When you are doing heavy attempts like this it is OK to rest a little, a few minutes. Your fatigue with heavier weights it not just measured in how out of breath you are. This is not an excuse to take long rest period all the time because things are “hard” I’d say any time you are in the RPE 9/10 zone just to give yourself an extra minute. It will help.

    • Christine
      Participant
      Post count: 471

      I am freaking delighted with this. Thank you. I’ll try to do my tests in the afternoon so I can grab someone for commands, that would be insanely helpful. Thanks as always Murph.

    • Christine
      Participant
      Post count: 471

      Thanks for the additional advice on rest. Still trying to get the hang of that too. And no I have not yet become a seamless video editor lol I did try to trim this a bit to make it less annoying though.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.